Sunday, June 22, 2008

drum roll please



...
kick
snare
crash
!

A HUGE first for me.
(Thank you Anna over at Pencil Lines!)
The drum LO
The guest design
The sketch

holy moly roly poly
:)

I'm excited.

It felt so good to finally create something that I have SO much LOVE for. I've been drumming since I was 17. Right after I graduated from high school, I then became a student of drumming all summer long (and perfector of NOISE!? bwahahaa!) Such a crazy story. But long story short. I never wanted to play. Never dreamed I would BE behind a drum set. I'd always go to concerts and think-HECK yeah! The drummer rocks!

I guess you could say it was meant to be.

And my super cheesy instructional video was the BEST. I never learned anything from it other than Elvis singing pretty woman.
Hey, it came free with the set. And I turned that song into a punk song. Well, every song for that matter. I had a hard time keeping the beat :)

So here it is! YAY! I used Kl's papers for this and got all crazy artistic on it. (she inspires me to no end) I literally just let go all over this thing!
-glimmer mist
-spray paint
-rub ons
-PP
-acrylic
-water colors

This is the hardest secret I had to keep. And one of the hardest pages I've made. I felt like since it was the first it had to rock. It had to say everything I had felt about it the last 11 years and then some. Crazy. But it's here now. And I'm thankful. It's a piece I've been waiting this long to make and it's here. And it was worth it.

play on
play up
and play LOUD
d

10 comments:

Lene said...

I absolutely LOVE this LO! Way funky and cool!
Congratulations on the spot as guest DT designer!

Anonymous said...

this layout is sooooooooooo beautiful!
perfect!
I love it!

Louise said...

Stunning LO girl, and WTG Congratulations :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT .. and you..girl this is fabulous, I was just drooling over it .. you are so artistic..love it .. CONGRATS so deserved..

dani said...

so... I'm probably repeating myself from the comment I left on SIS but, I can't help it.
This is just so real and it's just spilling passion.
love this.

danijohnston.typepad.com/dj

Kim Sonksen said...

Dude - your layouat totally RAWKS and I can so relate, being a drummer girl myself!

Anonymous said...

*thud*

you are SO insanely talented d.
this is so amazingly beautiful.
so full of texture.
so full of you.
i adore it.
i adore you.
xoxo

Raquel Daroda said...

This LO is soooo beautiful!! I love it!! I love your blog :)

Mandi Johnson said...

Oh my WOW! This is freaking saweet. Seriously. You amaze me with your design talent, girl!

Anonymous said...

Your layout is truly amazing. I love love love your style and it's definitely inspiring me to think of scrapbooking in a more "free" light. I'm also shocked that there is another female drummer / scrapbooker out there! I just started playing a year ago. I'm not very good, but I hope to be someday. Thanks for sharing your work!